The MAEPH program accepts applications between July and April 1st for the upcoming Fall semester. International students must apply by March 1. Questions and concerns? Email our Director, Professor Kathryn D. Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
Priority Status: January 15th
Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
International: March 1st
Applications from non-US residents must be received by this date.
U.S. Residents: April 1st
Final application deadline.
Applicants should be:
- Senior year undergraduates with a major in the humanities or with an interest in the humanities field and its intersection with other fields;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) graduates and beyond who have demonstrated the ability to navigate advanced courses in the humanities, or who have a demonstrable interest in the humanities and how humanities might intersect with other fields;
- Early or Mid-Career experienced humanities professionals who wish to expand their career options.
- Successful applicants will normally have received an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.3 GPA.
All applicants are required to submit the following materials as part of their online application to the MAEPH program:
- Online Application Form
- Academic Statement of Purpose (500 words).
- Part I: Tell us about your background and commitment to the humanities, your career goals, and why you have chosen to apply to our program. If you are a current humanities professional, please explain how your experience will contribute to and be advanced by the program. If your background is in STEM, please explain your interest in the humanities. (250 words)
- Part II: Propose a focused plan of study including a description of the electives you would like to take and the types of internships you would like to pursue. (250 words)
- Unofficial Transcripts (including Translations, and Evaluations)
- Self-Reported GPA
- Official Recommendations (2)
- Official Test Results (optional)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL / IELTS (if required)
- Application Fee
These items are described in greater detail on the Graduate School admissions page (How to Apply / Application Checklist) – or click on the “How to Apply Button” below.
How to Apply
Find out more about our admissions process and application requirements.
Financing Your Education
Find out more regarding scholarships and financial aid.
Open Houses & Webinars
Check out the admissions events we host for prospective students.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up to date about program announcements, new open houses, and other admission events.
Schedule a Visit
Contact us to plan a visit with us for more information about the program and Georgetown University.
Connect with Us
Contact us with your questions or visit us for more information about the program.
Need More Information?
Please feel free to contact the Program Director, Professor Kathryn D. Temple, at email@example.com if you have questions about your application or the application process. Dr. Temple’s office hours are Fridays from 12:00 – 1:00 PM Eastern Time via Zoom.