The ENPH program accepts applications between mid-July and April 1st for the upcoming Fall semester. International students must apply by March 1st. Questions and concerns? Email the Program Coordinator.
Priority Status: January 15th
Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
International: March 1st
Applications from non-US residents must be received by this date.
U.S. Residents: April 1st
Final application deadline.
Who Should Apply
Seniors and Recent Bachelor’s Degree Graduates
Have you recently graduated and wonder how to develop a rewarding career path based on the skills you have developed through the arts and humanities? Do you want a career based in interdisciplinarity and the intersection between the humanities and other areas you love, such as science, medicine, technology, engineering, economics, mathematics, social sciences, government, international relations, development, and the law?
Our program will help prepare you for many rewarding careers open to humanities professionals through leveraging the training you already have and immersing you in the world of humanities thought and action. Prepare for careers in a wide variety of professions that include traditional tracks for Master’s graduates in the humanities (teaching, journalism, public relations), but also less traditional trajectories (museum studies, theater, consulting, work in agencies and private industry). Pursue stimulating graduate work in a humanities field while also developing the ability to articulate and translate the value of that work to careers both within and outside higher ed. Engage in carefully curated internship opportunities as you develop greater insight into all you have to offer the world.
Early/Mid Career Professionals
Are you currently working in a humanities field or using your humanities skills in an academic, non-profit, or corporate setting but wish to advance quickly and move into increasingly more responsible positions? Are you in your mid-career but ready to shift focus, develop a more robust and marketable understanding of the value of the humanities in the world?
Our program takes you where you are and allows you to develop your current humanities-based skills as well as add new skills, project-based abilities, and experiences to your toolkit. Build on your Bachelor’s degree and on your professional experience as you pursue graduate work in a chosen discipline or interdiscipline and develop mentored Field Research Projects that bring deeper insight and understanding of humanities fields and are aimed at busy career professionals.
Applicants should be:
- Senior year undergraduates with a major in the humanities or with an interest in the humanities field and its intersection with other fields;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) graduates and beyond who have demonstrated the ability to navigate advanced courses in the humanities, or who have a demonstrable interest in the humanities and how humanities might intersect with other fields;
- Early or Mid-Career experienced humanities professionals who wish to expand their career options.
- Successful applicants will normally have received an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.3 GPA.
All applicants are required to submit the following materials as part of their online application to the ENPH program:
- Online Application Form
- Academic Statement of Purpose (500 words).
- Part I: Tell us about your background and commitment to the humanities, your career goals, and why you have chosen to apply to our program. If you are a current humanities professional, please explain how your experience will contribute to and be advanced by the program. If your background is in STEM, please explain your interest in the humanities. (250 words)
- Part II: Propose a focused plan of study including a description of the electives you would like to take and the types of internships you would like to pursue. (250 words)
- Unofficial Transcripts (including Translations, and Evaluations)
- Self-Reported GPA
- Official Recommendations (2)
- Official Test Results (optional)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL / IELTS (if required)
- Application Fee
Click on the “How to Apply Button” below to find more detailed information on the Graduate School Admissions page.
How to Apply
Find out more about our admission process and application requirements.
Cost of Attendance
Find out the cost of attendance, based on the number of credit hours for which you plan to enroll in each semester.
Financing Your Education
Find out more regarding scholarships and financial aid.
Open Houses & Webinars
Check out the admissions events we host for prospective students.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up to date about program announcements, new open houses, and other admission events.
Schedule a Visit
Contact us to plan a visit with us for more information about the program and Georgetown University.
Connect with Us
Contact us with your questions or visit us for more information about the program.
Need More Information?
Please feel free to contact the program coordinator if you have questions about your application or the application process. To chat via Zoom, please schedule a time directly with Professor Ricardo Ortiz or the program coordinator.